Thursday, January 13, 2005

rooster heads


chicken head
Originally uploaded by sbucha004.
this is a display at a calvin klein store somewhere in hong kong... as i mentioned before we are approaching the year of the rooster and apparently calvin klein was feeling festive and thinking their clothes would look really good on manequins with rooster heads... i'm a little frightened actually, but i'm all for being festive.
i leave on saturday for a glorious month of traveling.... i'm traveling with my friend susan (she's the one behind me in the escalator picture). we are doing it true travelin' style by taking a bus across southern china to nanning in guanxi province and then taking another bus or train to vietnam. i was a little annoyed by this decision this morning, however it is much cheaper and really overnight bus trips in china make for the best stories...... we will be meeting up with people from our program on the way, but no set plans....
i will update this along the way and will hopefully be able to see it myself. have i mentioned that the powers that be in beijing will not let me view my blog, but i can still post!?!?? big brother watches my every move here. (mao's chilren in this case)
no developments in the broom closet case. did i mention that they have moved out? the room is still locked but the stuff is gone including MY MOP AND BROOM. that's all for now, i'm going to my apartment and unthawing in front of my heater. its cold again and raining!!!!!!!!!! hope everyone is doing well.
all my love
nrj
"a good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving"~lao tzu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home